Free School Meals
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
About free school meals
All primary school children in Reception year, Year 1 and Year 2 in Herefordshire are entitled to school meals.
Free school meals are available to children in other year groups if you or your partner receive benefits. If you receive benefits and your child is in Reception year, Year 1 or Year 2, please complete a free school meals application form, as the school can get extra funding if you do. You only need to complete one application form for all your children, even if they attend different schools within Herefordshire.
Who can apply for free school meals
You can apply for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit if NET earnings do not exceed £7,400
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Child Tax Credit, where Working Tax Credit is NOT in payment AND your annual income does not exceed £16,190 (as determined by HM Revenues and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (A four week payment when your employment has ceased or your working hours reduce below 16 a week)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Please use this link to find out if you are eligible:
You may be missing out on holiday vouchers - it is always worth applying, just in case.