At Burley Gate CE Primary School, our curriculum is designed to ensure our learners are prepared for life as successful and socially responsible citizens of the diverse and ever changing world that awaits them. Our intent is that:
• Our children experience a broad and balanced curriculum which is accessible to all and provides stimulating, exciting and creative learning experiences which foster and encourage a love of learning.
• Our carefully sequenced and coherent curriculum provides children with the opportunity to build on their life experiences so far, in order to achieve goals outlined in the national curriculum, enabling them to transition seamlessly to the local high schools.
• Our children see life beyond the village in which they live and are motivated to be aspirational in their own ambitions through quality, first-hand experiences within their learning.
• Through a focus of our Curriculum driver's 5Rs (Readiness, Resourcefulness, Reflectiveness, Responsibility and Resilience) our children will aspire to be creative, independent and tolerant thinkers, prepared for any challenge presented to them.
• Throughout our curriculum, we will embrace the achievements of people past and present across the world.
• As our children do not live within diverse communities, our curriculum will provide a social and cultural understanding of local, national and global societies to equip them with the knowledge and understanding necessary to be responsible world citizens.
• The curriculum will support the physical and mental wellbeing of our children, enabling them to lead active and fulfilling lives.